Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Moly Milestones: 15 months

Seriously, I give up!  

I'm not sure why I get so surprised by the fact that children will like one thing one day, then want nothing to do with it the next!  Just when I have them all figured out they throw me in for a loop. 

Molly is no exception. 

Molly is starting to express her personality as well as her like/dislike for certain foods.  GREAT!!!  (roll eyes)  She is also expressing her need to do things all. by. herself.  Like going down the slide or climbing up the stairs.  If I stand to close to her she gives me "the look" then turns around and goes the opposite direction.  I just have to let her do it.  Even if she is just about to fall down the stairs, she absolutely will not let me come near her.  Silly little thing. 

Well, today was her 15 month check up.  She is a petite little thing: 1% weight 13% length and average head circumfrance.  She also tested normal for her iron, since it was low last time, but I still need to finish off the awful iron drops.  AWFUL!

Molly can say ball, cheese, Hi, mommy, daddy and will give a few commands, followed by a pointed finger.  She is learning to climb on to chairs and will finally go down stairs the right way.  She loves playing outside, especially when the water is on, and usually finds a rock or stick for safe keeping the entire time.  Molly doesn't understand the word stop, which scares me when she goes too far down the road.  She's a fast little thing! 

Molly is adventurous and curious as ever.  She is not afraid of strangers; in fact, at the park last week when I tried to supervise her going down the slide, she gave me "the look" then hobbled her way towards a nice grandmother giving her grandson fruit snacks and sat on her lap.  Luckily the grandmother gave her sympathy and attention-she didn't want it from me. 

Besides the interesting act of power, Molly is still happy go lucky.  She loves playing peek-a-boo, waving bye-bye and blowing kisses to her hearts content.  She also really loves her daddy.  While sitting quietly in chruch, Molly will catch a glimse of Danny pass the sacrament and will yell out, "Daddy! Daddy!"  Also, just last week when danny was saying the opening prayer, Molly caught a glimpse of him and ran full speed toward the pulpit.  She just can't get enough of her daddy.

We love you Molly-girl! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Also we missed you at Grandpa Rowan's 80th birthday party in Utah.

Anonymous said...

You will find each child so different you wonder if they are really yours. That is what keeps you on your toes.