Over the last two(ish) years I've learned that New England summers are hot and humid!
Thankfully there are ways to beat the heat:
Last year I found some popsicle molds from a local grocery. I invisioned homemade popsicles every day.....I think we only used them once last year. :) I decided to get it out again this year for a yummy summer treat. Jakob especially loved mixing the fruit, juice and yogurt. He's becoming quite the little chef these days; always willing to help in the kitchen.
So we've kind of made berry picking a family summer tradition. Nothing is better than eating fresh fruit right from the vine! This year I decided to use the berries to make blueberry jam-I'm hoping to make raspberry jam too. I was satisfied with the results, considering it was my first time and I had no one telling me what I was doing wrong. It's really not that difficult, it just takes concentration....something that can be difficult with helping hands.
Hopefully before summer ends we can make it to our local pool and the beach. We still have a few more activities to make our summer complete!



2 comments:
Yum! Where do you go to pick the berries?
We go to a place called Belltown Orchards. There are a bunch of orchards in South Glastonbury that have all sorts of berries, peaches, apples and pumpkins that you can pick. It's fun.
Post a Comment