Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The ABC's of Fall: H is for...

Halloween!

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free scrapbooking design


Thank goodness for Trunk-or-Treat because Trick-or-Treating was cancelled this year...more to come.

I am proud of myself for making the costumes. They were suprisingly easy and everything came together (even if it was at the last minute). 

Jakob was especially excited to dress up as one of his favorite characters.  Whenever anybody asked him what he was going to be for Halloween, he excitedly replied, "I am going to be Thing 1, Thing 1, and Thing 2!!!"   I'm not sure where the extra "things" came in, but that is how he replied.  He knew exactly what he wanted to be so we made it happen.  Previous to deciding, I mentioned it would be cute for Danny to be the Cat in the Hat with the kids as Thing 1 and Thing 2.  We were joking a bit, but Jakob took it literally and from then on that's what Daddy was going to be--according to the three year old.  It's a good thing Jakob has such a good father!  Despite being embarrassed, he dressed up for his special little guy.

And Molly was most surprising of all!  I explained to her that I needed to make her hair crazy for her costume by putting in a bunch of pony tails and she held very still so I could put elastics in her hair.  Then, when Jakob was shy about the blue spray in his hair we made Molly go first to show Jakob what would happen, crossing our fingers that she would cooperate.  She loved it!  She stayed still for the entire process and that was just enough to make it easier for Jakob to do the same.    And don't you just love it when kids discover the Mr. Potatohead glasses?  I didn't encourage her to put the glasses on, she just did, but I was there to take pictures. :)

They were the cutest little "things", running around and going crazy at the church.  The costumes fit right in with their personalities and I am glad it was a success.   They had a blast filling their bags with candy and playing with their friends.  Now we have to ration their goodies to 2 pieces of candy per day.  Danny and I have been good not to eat it...I can't wait until it's gone. 

Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Marla said...

I think you ALL looked great in your costumes. Good for Danny for being such a good sport. I'm sure he loved it. And Congratulations for not eating the candy. We went trick-or-treating with Amy and Wes and kids and left before they went home, so no chance for snitching. No Halloween candy for us.