We finally dropped to single digits last week. Boy, was it cold!
Because of the single digit temps I decided to be a wimp and skip the running. Danny, on the other hand, also wimped out until Saturday morning....the guilt was too much to handle ( I have no problem NOT running if I don't "have" to) . He decided to brave the 8 degree weather and run 10 miles. He came back with icicles in his beard.
Yeah, not my idea of fun.
I once ran 10 miles in 17 degree weather, which wasn't so bad. I guess the single digits scare me a little bit.
Thank goodness we are back in the 20's this week. The week long break was not helpful--in so many ways--and I'm paying for it.
Life has been exhausting. I feel like I have a lot more energy--keeping up my healthy eating and exercise--but being pregnant, teaching preschool, choir director, planning Youth Valentine's dance (I am instructing), planning Molly's bday, quilting, and keeping up on house work leaves me exhausted by 7:30 at night. It's not unusual for me to fall asleep on the couch between 8 and 9. I try not to, but some days I just can't keep my eyes open.
I'm also feeling a little bit of paranoia this week. I am completing 11 weeks of pregnancy, which has gone by sooooooo slowwwwwww, and I constantly think about how we lost our last baby at 11 weeks and how a year ago last Monday I had my DNC and how much pain and grief I endured to get through the year.
THIS is definitely a con to having this pregnancy align with the last baby we lost. I have so many emotions and experiences that trigger the same worries and unsettled feelings from last year. I need to make it to my ultra sound on Monday to be more at peace.
The kiddos have been busy pestering each other and the neighbors, but they have also been very loving and helpful. They are especially helpful after losing a toy (from poor behavior) and then have to do chores to earn it back. What a mean mom I am! They say and do some of the craziest/funniest things and as most people point out to me at the grocery store, "they are full of energy"; I have "my hands full"; and "they are great helpers" (putting food on the belt to be paid for).
I sure love 'em!
Even if my anger suggests otherwise.
Here is what we have been doing this month:
![]() |
| This scrapbooking design created with Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment