Thursday, May 23, 2013

Kindergarten Day

It's that time for us!  Jakob enters kindergarten in the Fall and we are both nervous about it.  Jakob is especially nervous to ride on the bus; I'm nervous about the first two weeks of transition for him and our family.  I have hope we will all survive.  

Jakob is registered and ready!  At the beginning of May we scrambled to get the papers into the office.  We were waiting on a few minor details, like the results from his physical and our landlord, but fortunately it all came together just in time for Kindergarten Day.  

We were both excited to attend; however, still nervous about how the day would unfold.  Jakob was brave and did his best to answer his teacher's questions.  He didn't want me to leave, but alas, I knew he needed to be with the other kids and his teacher without me by his side. It was rather difficult leaving him at his desk with the look of anxiety and tears in his eyes.  He refused to finish his self portrait, but by the end of the day was happily playing with the other kids and connecting with his teacher.  Later when I picked him up he said, "This was the best day ever!"  He was excited and happy about Kindergarten again.  

Wish us luck on this roller coaster of change.  Here is the little Kindergartner: 

 
Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital scrapbook

No comments: