Thursday, May 9, 2013

Preschool Graduation

Preschool............it ended a little early.  

Honestly, I am glad this chapter finally is over. As much as I've enjoyed putting my skills to good use and working with the children twice a week, I am much relieved that I don't have to plan and prepare for this program anymore.  It got especially hard to keep kids on task when there was sunshine and beautiful weather right outside their window.  

Another deciding factor to end early was because I had to relocate last month due to the owners preparing to sell their home.  Unfortunately, after moving all my stuff to a new basement I found out that I would have to move again due to incoming renters needing that space as well.  It was getting to be a little too much for me so I decided to end the program before relocating a second time.  

I am grateful to have an Early Childhood Degree so I can teach preschool with my children.  If I ever needed to go back to work, it's nice to know that I could do it with my children if I had to.  I kind of always planned on teaching preschool.  My mom did it with us when we were little so it seemed like a very manageable thing to do.  I did not know, however, that it is REALLY difficult with small children.  Especially when two of those children attend the same class.  There were far too many rough days;  far too many tantrums and power struggles that could have been avoided if it were someone other than me.  In fact, as I'm trying to shift gears into Kindergarten I often think about how Jakob would have benefited having a separate PreK teacher to prepare him for Kindergarten this year.  His main struggle is transitioning to new situations and being away from me in social settings. I worry that I failed him from those experiences and it's only going to make the Kindergarten transition harder.  Harder for him?  or harder for me? 

None the less, I am looking forward to the next chapter. Jakob is ready.  He is nervous AND excited about Kindergarten, but he is ready.

  We sure are proud of you Jake!    

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
This free digital scrapbooking design generated with Smilebox

No comments: