Thursday, August 15, 2013

Kids and their Hobbies


One thing that I love about Jakob is that he can sit all by himself for hours and doesn't need me to direct his play.  He is very creative when it comes to building and/or drawing and I enjoy watching the process.  Lately Jake has been building transformers out of blocks.  After building the machine he transforms them into a robot.  
This is a speed boat transformer: 


Molly has needed a little more attention from me these days.  She has been talking and acting like a baby and has even had a few accidents because of it.  I know this is typical behavior of a toddler waiting for a new sibling, but it is still frustrating being 40 weeks pregnant and not having energy to handle her emotional ups and downs.  I wish I could reach out to her more appropriately, but lately I just find myself yelling and/or threatening for her to make better choices.    I hope we can find a better balance soon.  

Molly still loves to dance.  Her favorite song is Single Ladies (which she heard on alvin and the chipmunks).  She sings along with it too; however, she absolutely refuses to let me video any of it.  I had to lie and try to hide the camera to get this: 





No comments: