I'm still here, 39 weeks and 4 days to be exact, and I can't help but think the baby should be here by now.
Why is that?
Two obvious reasons:
Vacation and Half Marathon training
And I feel a little selfish for feeling that way. but then again, I have to remember that I still have goals and hobbies that I would like to continue--even during the child bearing years--and that can't be selfish, right? So I shouldn't feel guilty for growing our family while trying to experience life at the same time. I think it's a nice balance between serving my children and taking care of me. (It goes back to that phenomenon that when I take care of me I am better able to serve my children. and that works for me.)
But I think there might be a third reason for my eagerness; one that I never acknowledged until discussing this topic with my friend last week. Perhaps this eagerness is due to the fact that I have really been waiting TWO YEARS for this baby. With the loss of our last baby it felt like forever until we would hold another little one in our arms and waiting for that special moment was excruciating.
I think I have been waiting for this moment long enough and I'm now ready to finally enjoy it.
I have been having contractions and feeling ready to have this baby. One night I had contractions 10 min. apart for four hours, but it didn't progress into true labor. Last night I had contractions 7-10 minutes apart for an hour, but again, it wasn't labor. So with all this back and forth waiting and wondering, I NOW hope that I don't go over my due date which is thrusday. That's my new goal. :)
We'll keep you posted.
1 comment:
Go for a jog? hahaha - 2 miles oughta do it. ;-)
Post a Comment