I've been excitedly waiting for the Kindergarten Harvest Festival since it was first announced at the beginning of the year. I love school programs! Jakob has been practicing a few of the songs at home--he even taught me the words--so I was able to recognize some of them in the program.
The program was well put together. It began with a Thanksgiving read aloud by the school librarian, followed by a combination of singing and chants by the kindergartners, and then ended with a Turkey Trot by the parents/children, hosted by the Principal.
After the program we met in Jake's classroom for some fruit and muffins. Jake was grinning from ear to ear the entire luncheon. He was so proud of himself for finishing the program and having his family in his classroom, eating the muffins and fruit he put together with his teacher.
Well done, Jakob!
![]() |
| Collage made with Smilebox |
I was able to host Thanksgiving dinner this year. I had made plans to invite different ward families to join us; however, 2 out of 3 already had plans. So, with one family in our home we had a yummy feast---even though we started an hour later than expected (I sure could have used an extra oven), attempted 3 different pie crusts (the first one burned and the second one flopped), and nearly ruined the gravy, I have to say it was a lovely evening with good friends. They have become a part of our family, as we are away from ours, and I am grateful to enjoy this holiday with them.
Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:
Post a Comment