I celebrated a "Milestone Birthday" this weekend turning the big three-oh!!!
Look at me, I'm all grown up now. :)
Needless to say, I've been looking forward to my thirties all year long. I might not get as many awkward looks when people see how many kids I have, and then wonder how old I am. Now I can tell them that I'm thirty, knowing that extra year sounds so much better. :)
That's silly, I know, but it's true.
Anyway. Operation 30th Birthday Bash started in August. None of my ideas were set in stone, but I was at least thinking about it. Crunch-Time hit around Thanksgiving when I realized I had failed to finalize plans with only a few weeks until my birthday. Luckily a few friends sparked some ideas in which planning and preparation could continue.
I tried to finalize plans with Danny, mentioning a few of the new ideas from friends, and he took the initiative to see it through. I was proud.
We decided on a Winter Ball in New York City (compliments to my good friend who suggested the idea, as well as agreed to take the kids for the night). It was festive, appropriate for the time of year-as well as my love for dressing up and dancing- and it appeased Danny's love for a live band (and trumpeter). It was a win win!
Plans were en route to happen.
Until....
plans started falling a part.....one week before the event.
I was struggling with my dress (I had to try on 3 different dresses until I found the right fit); we couldn't find a hotel; our friend (and babysitter) had an unexpected funeral to attend and wasn't available that weekend anymore; a storm advisory was in effect Saturday night; and Sophia wasn't taking a bottle.
Lovely.
But, with the help of others we were bound and determined to make it happen!
I finally found my dress, Priceline accepted our bid and we stayed in Brooklyn, the friend found an alternate baby sitter, Sophia took to the bottle after 3 days, I tried not to think about the weather (secretly hoping it wasn't going to be bad), and we made it to the Ball!
WIN!
Memories:
birthday events started on a Thursday and ended on a Monday
wearing snow boots with my dress, walking around NYC
being stalled on the subway, several times, due to weather
"complimentary subway entertainment" as two young boys pole danced their way around the train, then asked for money at the end ;)
snow flurries and wind on the way to dinner, heavy snow on the way to the ball, and then rain on the way home
first experience with 5 hour energy drink made my tummy unsettled, it made Danny feel faint --not good!
Danny's dress shoes were uncomfortable so we had to be creative with padding and doubled socks
one of very few who ordered water, instead of stronger drinks

2 comments:
Your outfit (hair, jewelry, dress, shoes) was fantastic!! Love the dressup game!
I love this! It looked like so much fun and you guys were so classy and adorable! Happy Birthday! Glad that you had so much fun and that everything worked out!
Post a Comment