Jakob was hesitant about soccer when he first got started. I remember being really frustrated with him when he refused to play the first game of the season. He sat on the sideline the entire game, picking grass and watching the other kids. Every time I encouraged him to get out there, he refused my proposal and threw a fit. At that moment I really just wanted to take him home and forget about soccer all together; however, Danny kept us there to watch and support the team and hope that Jakob would come around.
I knew it was going to be a looooong season!
Thank goodness Jakob decided that he actually enjoys soccer. In fact, he's pretty good at it! He understands the technique and rules of the game. When Jake scored his first goal he was on top of the world. It was a major confidence boost. From then on, he was unstoppable--he scored 4 goals in one game!
I'm glad the season proved to be a success and wasn't a waste of money after all :) .
![]() |
| This collage customized with Smilebox |
(finally, a real trophy!)

No comments:
Post a Comment