Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Baby Girl Updates

It's official....Sophia is 3 months old.  

Really?  REALLY?  

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free collage
This baby girl loves to smile!  Especially when her brother or sister is in the room.  How do siblings manage to get the best smiles?   Sophia is a very happy baby when her tummy doesn't get in the way.  She's also the best little sleeper!  Much better than baby #2.  :)

Sophia is a strong little one.  She learned a new trick:


We are having so much fun with baby sister.  She is a sweet addition to our family.




Sophia's Diary:
My hair is growing back in the front; however, I have a new bald spot in the back where I rub my head against the blankets, trying to soothe myself back to sleep.  
My gums are suddenly swollen!  I must be getting ready for some teeth.
I can sit upright in the bumbo chair, but I'm not fond of it.  
I know how to roll from my tummy to my back.  I'm really good at it. 
I love giving smiles!  I'm learning to move my tongue around to make gurgles, coos, and other noises.
Mommy has been tickling me.  Occasionally I respond back with a smile or a laugh.  
When I was first born, the people around me would say I look just like Big Sister.   Over the last two weeks, everyone says I look just like Big Brother.  I say I'm a good mix of both. I am definitely a rogers baby, though.
Mommy still can't figure out what makes my tummy so uncomfortable.  I do swallow a lot of air when I nurse, but I usually follow through with plenty of loud burps -and other outlets- to get rid of it, so that can't be the only factor.  The next experiment: probiotics!
The other day I found my hands.  I just kept looking at them, turning them over, sucking on my fingers, pulling them close and flinging them back out again.  I've used them to bat at my toys hanging from the bouncer from time to time, which I thought that was pretty fun.  My hands are pretty cool.  
I am becoming more familiar with faces.  I can recognize my mommy's face from across the room!  I like to find familiar faces and smile at them because I've learned that it makes them happy.    
I still LOVE being (double)swaddled.  When mommy tucks me in tight, I quiet right down and then fall asleep.  I AM strong enough to kick or push my way out of the blankets, but I'm pretty good about staying swaddled-especially at night.  
I still prefer my tummy.  If I'm gassy or otherwise uncomfortable, I like laying across Mommy/Daddy's forearm.  It eases the pain.    
  I can kick my legs and push myself around the floor.  I haven't gone very far, but I do travel a good distance when I push off the ground.  Next to my hands, my legs are very interesting to me.  
I love being me!

No comments: