About a month ago I had the opportunity to visit Utah for the weekend. It short-lived, but definitely needed!!! In fact, I think all New Englanders suffered a little bit of Cabin Fever this winter because of the frequent frigid temps and the very late Spring. I was grateful for the chance to get away.
Being in Utah was a little bit of heaven. Spring had sprung, the weather was perfect, and visiting with family was the perfect remedy for beating the winter time blues. Not to mention the fact that I was able to spend some time in the Draper AND Salt Lake Temple with my family to witness my brother receiving his endowment and then being sealed to his wife and child for all eternity. It was a weekend full of joy and absolute gratitude to my Heavenly Father and His plan for each of us, and I'm so happy that I was able to be there for my brother and his (now) Eternal family. My brother gave a beautiful blessing to his baby boy on the Sunday following their sealing, as well as shared his simple testimony and conversion story during sacrament meeting and I think it was an example to each of us that God hears and answers our prayers and truly does loves us! He wants us to be happy on this earth, but it is up to us to listen, pray, and keep the commandments (to name a few) in order to receive the blessings that he has promised.
A great reminder, indeed!
Sophia was very patient with me in Utah. She was off her schedule, had a few late nights, and was passed around with various family members so that I could spend time in the Temple with my family. We were in Utah just long enough for her to adjust to the timezone before we had to head home and adjust again. The plane ride to Baltimore was a little rough, but thankfully the gentleman sharing the row with us was understanding of the circumstances.
OUR NEXT ADVENTURE BEGINS!!! RELOCATING?!?!?!
Danny left Connecticut around 11:30am to pick me up in Baltimore around 6:30pm. We continued the journey through the night to make it to Orlando, FL by 9:15 the next morning. WHEW!
Again, the weather was beautiful, warm, and something greatly missed in Connecticut.
Danny and I decided to make an unplanned stop at Disney World. (A very expensive unplanned stop) We took the tram across the park, took some pictures of the family by the castle, made many pit stops at the bathroom, tried to avoid the tropical downpour throughout the afternoon, experienced some of the classic rides, including It's A Small World, ate some expensive Disney food, bought a few souvenirs, and basically started our vacation off with a little bit of magical fun.
Molly wanted to visit Minnie Mouse and Jakob wanted to see Stitch, so with those items checked off, and a little bit of ice cream, I think Disney was a success! It may be a few more years before we return.
The following morning I took Danny off to work, shuffled the kids around and then met with the Jupiter realtor. We packed into her car and she drove me around the area, pointing out various historical sights, amenities, and other perks of the beautiful town. One of my favorite tidbits was learning that one of the elementary school's mascot was a cougar....just like BYU. She knew a lot about the area and was able to share her perspective as a mother, as well as a transplant herself, and so a lot of what she had to say was fitting for what I needed to hear. Throughout the entire weekend we were back and forth about our decision to move...sheesh.
The kids and I took many opportunities to visit the beach as well as local activities close to the hotel. Sophia had little problem adapting to our fast pace-vacationing-schedule because she was still messed up from being in Utah. Luckily she was able to nap when she could to prevent being completely overtired. I think we were all a bit messed up, going to bed late and waking up around 8 to take Danny to work, but we adjusted.
![]() |
| Personalize a scrapbooking design |
I am glad we took the time to visit Jupiter. It was a bit stressful having the idea of relocating in the back of my mind the entire time, but it was good for us to become familiar with the area, schools, and local neighborhoods just in case it was a right fit for our family. It made the idea more real and even possible.
The warm weather was the most tempting factor of all! I've decided that I am a huge fan warm beaches.
By the end of our stay I was still uncertain if we would follow through with the move. There was still uncertainty that I had hoped to settle by talking with the ward members about their experiences of relocating and raising a family in this area. Unfortunately, that hope was short-lived after pulling into the parking lot and learning that church was not being held at the meeting house that day (but the stake center 45 minutes away). Ugh. Another door closed.
So we loaded up the car, soaked in the sun one last time and headed back to the winter abyss known as Connecticut. :)
With a little more thought and prayer and a few more details about Danny's job answered, the decision to stay in Connecticut was confirmed.
NOW, ON TO THE NEXT ADVENTURE: RENT OR OWN???


No comments:
Post a Comment