Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Baby Girl is 9 Months Old

Man, just when I was SURE time was slowing down for us, I turn around and check off another milestone month!  Sheesh! 

Things have gotten a little interesting around here.  Sophia learned how to get up on her knees and crawl around the house.  She's getting better and better at it and I'm getting more and more anxious about the kids leaving small objects on the floor, the gates being removed from the stairs, and the doors not being shut all the way to get outside/downstairs.  Let's hope this child survives!! :)  

Just a few weeks ago I decided it was time to let Sophia cry herself to sleep.  It took three days, but she eventually figured it out.  She now takes a morning nap at 9, an afternoon nap around 12 or 1, and then is in be by 6 or 6:30.  She will wake up around 4 or 5am for a quick feeding, and then it's back to sleep until 6:30 or 7.  It has worked out well so far.  I am so glad to be sleeping again!  Granted, Danny and I have been kicked out of our room for the time being, but it's worth a full night of sleep!  I often wonder why I wait so long to just let them figure it out on their own. :)  9 months seems to be my go-to age.  

  Sophia loves to clap when she gets excited.  She also lights up when you give her her special blanket and pacifier at naps/bedtime.  I love how happy she gets with her snaggle-tooth grin!  It melts my heart.  

Sophia loves eating frozen peas and corn, graham crackers, tiny pear/apple/banana pieces, and baby food.  I tried giving her a little bit of cheese and bread pieces and she seemed to do fine with both.  I still give her terrazyme for her tummy issues....I can't go anywhere without it. :)

Sophia is "talking a lot more"  ba ba's, da da's, ma ma's are her favorite.  I noticed the other day that she responds well to "no no, don't do that".  She stops and then looks at me to see what I'm going to do next.  
Just this week Sophia learned how to pull up onto baskets, the couch and chairs.  The only problem is that she doesn't know how to get back down without just falling over.  That's the next step, I guess.  

Bath time anxiety is a thing of the past!  Thank goodness!  Now that sophs can sit, she likes to splash and play in the water and doesn't even scream anymore.  Hooray for milestones!

  Here's the baby in action: 

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize your own free digital slideshow

No comments: