Thursday, May 14, 2015

Celebrating 10 years


Well.....we made it!

  Not that there was any question of making it this far, its just that when we first got married I wasn't able to imagine a whole decade of marriage, let alone where I would be in that ten years.   I knew we would have children, a house, even a steady job.  I knew we would have "settled" with kids starting school, dance, and soccer.   We would feel all grown up and independent with our little family.  

Well, we have all that.   

However, I never once imagined living in a(n) (old) 1940's home in Connecticut, or being in a Stake leadership position for our Church (I'm the Stake Primary Secretary).  I never thought about how it would be to struggle a little bit, living in the mission field where it can be difficult at times living in a small(er) ward, with an ever waiting temple to be completed 45 minutes away from us (verses Boston 1.5 hours away).  I never once imagined that we'd be living away from family, longing to be with them, or even trying to make our church (ward) feel like home.  I couldn't have imagine the kinds of people I've met or experiences I've had with friends and even closer friends, like trips to New York and The Breakers, pedicures, and other outings.  Or even all the travels we've shared as a family to Boston, Maine, New Hampshire,Vermont, Florida, and Washington D.C. to name a few.  I couldn't have imagined that we would change our everyday habits to parallel that of health and fitness, hard work and dedication, and achieving so many goals and aspirations because of it.  I never thought that in ten years making adult decisions would be just as hard as it has ever been (or even harder).  

A lot happens in Ten years!  I'm really glad that Danny and I have been able to learn and grow and SEE just how different our life has been in that amount of time.  I can't even imagine the next 10 years, so you'll have to wait until then for further reflection. 

Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
This digital collage personalized with Smilebox

No comments: