The days leading up to Mothers Day were great! Jakob and room 17 organized a wonderful Mother's Day luncheon and tribute to the moms of each child.
Tears were shed and an appreciation was felt as each little one took turns presenting their recipe book and tribute. Jakob is not the type to get up in front of a crowd, especially if it involves a microphone, so when he got up unaccompanied and shared his writing in front of several moms and their children, I was touched in every way!
I took Saturday and Sunday morning to sleep in past 6. (Happy Mothers day to myself!) The kiddos found their way into my bed Saturday morning and we spent a good 20 minutes snuggling and playing bed bugs. On Sunday morning, Molly insisted on making me breakfast in bed--so although I was showering and getting ready for early morning church, when it came time to eat I was summoned back to bed for an egg-white omlet, banana and chocolate milk. Somehow the banana got eaten by sophia and molly before I had a chance to get to it and the chocolate milk was shared by all.,,,the story of my life. I can't even enjoy my own chocolate. :)
![]() |
| Personalize your own picture collage |
Sunday morning (and the remainder of the day) continued to be stressful and less than enjoyable. Such is the life of a mother of three young children. I get it. Danny had an 8:20 meeting and I was left to finish feeding, getting kids dressed, bags organized, refereeing, getting lesson materials ready and the crock pot in place. We made it to church with one minute to spare. The kiddos continued to fight the remainder of the day and when we got home from church the house was hot and humid. The mosquitoes were on the attack so even being outside was a war zone. The only thing that worked out were the homemade rolls, meat and smores that we were able to enjoy with the Dorrough children. Luckily Danny bought me a pot of flowers to remind me that there is beauty all around, even when life is stressful and less than enjoyable. Being a mother is rewarding, but I don't always recognize it right away. It takes moments of looking back to see how far I've come in the journey and realize how influential my role is as mother/daughter/sister/ wife/etc. I hope I can continue to make the journey beautiful and wonderful despite the trips and obstacles along the way.


No comments:
Post a Comment