The kids really enjoyed handing out Valentines to their friends this year. Jakob decided to make individual notes for each peer by creating a card that represents one thing that they like most. I was impressed that he stuck with it (for all 19 friends!) and added a lot of detail for each card. Sophia picked out her favorite cards and only put who it was from (requested by her teachers) and Molly carefully put together a variety of store bought valentines and added stickers/tatoos as gifts (no candy allowed in her class because of severe nut allergies!) Danny surprised me with a bouquet of flowers and I made sure there was a lot of chocolate on hand for all of us to enjoy.
The kids have been drinking a lot of hot chocolate these days. They love to purposefully make milk mustaches and blow chocolate bubbles. Sophia always has the cutest milk goatees and funny faces to go with it. She is learning a lot about feelings and emotions and is doing better to use her words to express those emotions. I captured some of her favorite faces: happy, sad, scared, mad and silly.
Jakob worked in his cub book again this week, discussing how we can keep the earth clean (reduce, reuse and recycle). It also encouraged us to use recycle materials to make something useful or interesting. Of course, Jake decided to make a puppy-o-saur and got to use the hot glue gun for the very first time. He is always proud of his creations, especially when dogs are involved.
Sophia is learning quickly how to draw, color, write, sing her ABC's, play and clean up, and even use the potty ALL BY HERSELF!!!! (it's the small things) Sophia has been drawing people with heads, limbs, eyes, nose and a mouth. She just started drawing a few letters, and still loves to sing the songs learned at school. I love hearing her mimick her teachers phrases, such as, "listen to my words" or "I am not happy!" She tries to please her teachers and has been a very good helper when they need it. Sophia is always volunteering to visit other rooms when the ratio is over, and is cheerful when greeting friends and teachers each day. I'm glad she is transitioning well to her preschool. I really enjoy taking her to work with me (I even get to be her teacher every once in a while) and I look forward to our weekly music class together!
Molly had a birthday party yesterday at the local ice rink. We had so much fun on the rink (the first time for Jakob and Sophia) and only suffered a few minor injuries. I was a little surprised there were skates small enough to fit Sophia's tiny feet. Molly was so excited to plan out her party (and birthday cake). I am always given specific instructions on design and party theme. Molly helped me make and decorate the cake and really enjoyed handing out all the goodies to her friends. She loves to party, just like her mamma!
![]() |
| This collage made with Smilebox |


No comments:
Post a Comment