As we drove to church yesterday we noticed that Connecticut does NOT plow their roads and freeways as thoroughly as Utah does. I mean come on people, you planned for this storm for three days and when it finally hits you hide yourselves in your houses with your wood burning fireplace and coffee? I was really surprised that the snow plows were MIA. Luckily Danny's car did wonderfully in the snow and we made it safely to all of our destinations.
We drove to church extra early because of the storm, poorly plowed roads, and because the choir was practicing for the Christmas program; but it seemed that the rest of the ward decided to cancel church. I understand that weather conditions weren't ideal, but why would people choose not to come to church? Especially when they're a key person in the Christmas program, for example, the violinist or soloist. Shouldn't you at least make the effort to be a part of something that you've put a lot of time and practice into? Three songs were canceled from the program because people didn't show up. That is so interesting to me! I guess last year when a similar storm hit around this time, the choir basically performed for each other and only a handful of members. Yesterday they were thinking about canceling the entire program altogether and performing another day. I guess I'll never understand.
I have been called into primary to teach the CTR 7 class. I have really enjoyed it so far because the kids are about the same age as second graders. These kids are so smart and they know a lot about Christ as well as book of mormon characters. Danny has been called as the second counselor of the Elders quorum. He was just called yesterday, but wasn't announced. I guess they make the announcement in the quorum, but since we only had sacrament meeting he wasn't announced. Danny isn't exactly sure what this calling entails, but it will be a NEW experience for him since all he really knows is primary and young men.
Thanks for listening to my ramblings long enough to find out about our new callings!
6 comments:
It entails... NOTHING! Not really, but Wes is the first counselor and it is such a cake job that he ends up subing in Primary at least once a month. He teaches EQ once every four months and has to call like 5 people each month for HT results. Cake.
Last year they canceled our church, I didn't know they did that, it was crazy. Oh I am the camp director this year again but this time it is ward camp.
I can't believe that people just wouldn't show up! Crazy... Your callings sound like fun :) I agree with Amy; when Dave was in the EQ Presidency, it was smooth sailing :)
We took Brigham to Rebeccas, and that is where we weighed him, on the chocolate scale, it was pretty funny.
we haven't had church in 2 weeks because of the winter storm here.
That's so crazy. It's funny how some places barely have snow and they still cancel stuff. I can't remember what state it was but it was supposed to snow in a few days and they just cancelled school in advance. On that day it hardley snowed but they were so glad they canceled. . . Because of the snow. Silly. In Utah it's no big deal.
Post a Comment