I just finished reading a post from my friend who outlined the milestones of her life in 2008. I thought this was a great idea! And then I thought could Iremember everything that happened in my 2008? Now it is my challenge to think of everything...let the thinking begin!
I tried thinking of things that happened to JUST me, but since danny and Jakob are both a huge part of my life, I added a few things about them as well.
January
-everyone, as far as family and friends, knew we were going to have a baby. (I tried to let everyone know)
-it was my first "real" month as an assistant in Young Womens
-President Hinckley died. He was "my" prophet growing up, so I was shocked when I heard the news
February
-we learned that our baby was a boy
-I volunteered to help choreograph dances for the ward roadshow
-I taught my first lesson in Young Womens. It was incredibly intimidating!
-I was alone for three days while Danny presented a paper in Rheno
-Danny and I spent Valentines Day at Arby's. We were so poor!
March
-the ward finally noticed that I was pregnant. (we didn't tell anyone in the ward)
-I sang with a group for the relief society B-day party. We ended up performing this number two other times.
-I had two student teachers in my class. They gave me some new ideas...I loved it!
April
-I listened to conference with our new Prophet, Thomas S. Monson
-I learned how to take care of a garden, even though we didn't have one this year
-I chaperoned a stake dance. It brought back too many memories of pixy sticks and three hours of nonstop hyper activity.
-everyone thought I was crazy to let Danny get a motorcycle-it was his graduation present
-I started my third trimester of pregnancy
-I celebrated my grandpa's 80th birthday party
May
-family and friends threw a baby shower for Jakob
-I attended an award ceremony for my cousin in law who returned from Iraq
-Danny and I celebrated our 3rd anniversary. Again, too poor to do anything extraordinary
-I cut my hair super short-all because Danny shaved his head
-My sweet niece was sealed to her parents and became officially theirs
-Danny and I started our first prenatal class
-I agreed to have my class learn two traditional Mexican dances and perform them in the school's county fair. This was too stressful to say anything more about it.
June
-I tried my best to survive the growing belly and weight on my back and knees
-I worried whether or not I should teach next year or be home with Jakob-it all depended on if Danny got a job
-I turned in my letter stating that I would not be returning next year
-We finally decided how to fit Jakob's stuff in our tiny one bedroom duplex
-I waited for Jakob to be born, since that's what the doctor predicted
-I had to leave the school year early because I was DONE! physically, mentally and emotionally. Yeah, pregnancy does that to you.
July
-I wasn't with my class for the end of the year festivities. I felt horrible leaving them with a sub the last few days of school. It was a difficult way to say good bye. *tear*
-I packed up my classroom and left for good
-I was scheduled for an induction and then went into labor that same night
-our perfectly perfect baby boy was born July 3rd. He brought so many life changes that I don't have enough room to write it all down.
-Danny left me alone for three days, with the new baby, while he went on scout camps
-I continued STRESSING about Danny's poor circumstances: finishing his thesis and trying to find a job
-I learned how to drive a four wheeler
-Belcan contacted Danny and Dave Rodney set up a dinner interview
August
-Jakob one month old
-Dinner interview at the Tree Room with Dave Rodney. It was super fancy! I've never been to a restaurant that was this nice. The interview went well...but I still worried about Danny finding a job
-Fish lake family reunion
-Danny walked for Graduation
-Jakob's blessing day
-Danny was offered the job at Belcan in CT and he accepted. WERE WE CRAZY?!
-we moved from our duplex of two years into my parents house
-we survived off of our savings
September
-still surviving off savings
-Danny tries to finish his thesis
-Family parties for our farewell
-I sold my car *tears*
-found a place to live in CT
October
-again, survived off savings
-planned our move to CT
-listened to President Uchtdorf's talk on hope. It was EXACTLY what I was experiencing, so it was exactly what I needed to hear
-stock markets fell
-worried about job stability, but were reassured. We were on our knees more these last couple of months than I've ever experienced before!
-Danny defended his thesis...YAY!!!!!!
-drove four days to CT
-had my first experience with anchovie paste
-Danny started his new job
November
-went to church and had my eyes opened. It's not the same as Utah...it's better!
-cousin Brigham was born 8 weeks early. What a precious miracle.
-voted in a major election
-received first paycheck. what a relief
-felt homesick
-experienced a tornado warning
-lost 15 pounds...almost to my goal
-went to my first play date
-Thanksgiving in Boston
December
-finally got to decorate with my Christmas stuff
-Jakob established a routine
-turned 25
-I have been cooking and feeling "homely"
-recieved a lot of love from family and friends this Christmas
-got a GPS
-attended several dinner invitations and fed the missionaries twice
-went to New York
-celebrated new year in CT with my wonderful hubby and boy
What an interesting year. I can not believe how much I have grown and the kinds of decisions I have had to make. If you know me, you know that I do NOT make decisions very well. All of the things that we have had to think about and decide on has been for my own good. I can already see how much I have changed, but I can't help but be grateful for these experiences.
It reminds me of something Joseph Smith felt when the Lord tells him that all of his experiences are for his own good and that they will make him strong. I can't compare myself to Joseph Smith because he had to experience things far greater than I can imagine, but the principle is still the same. What a growing testimony!
I hope 2009 is as wonderful and life changing as I can make it. I was trying to think of a resolution and I have decided that the best thing I can do is to look at things more positively. I have a tendency to be negative, so this is just the thing I can do to make a change in my life this year. Wish me luck and feel free to ask me how it's going. The constant reminder will keep the resolution going.
Happy New Year!
3 comments:
thanks for sharing this very interesting post
motorcycle gps mount
I am way impressed that you could remember your whole year!!! Good job.
Jamie! This is Jamie! Thanks for sending me your blog. It was good to read this review and see your patience and faith! Can you send you me your email address somehow? I'm still new to the facebook world.
Post a Comment