Thursday, January 1, 2009

Hats off to a new year

Our New Year tradition just wasn't the same without family or friends to share it with. (we attempted it none the less)

In the past, my brother and I had it worked out like a charm. We would bring the cheese fondue and he would bring the other cookware; but because WE left everyone, we opted out of the cheese fondue and tried it without his fancy pots or skewers. It worked pretty much the same. The only problem is that we had a TON of leftovers and the entire meal, which usually occupied our crowd for hours, lasted half an hour. Yeah, we're boring.


Danny was creative and tried frying Mahi Mahi (a type of fish) this year. It was the first time he and I had ever tasted it and we both agreed that it was pretty darn good. Now I can say that I'm moving up in my world of distaste for seafood.

side note: I've discovered that I can tolerate Salmon and Mahi Mahi. This is a GIGANTIC step! I went from "I don't eat fish" to "I'll try it" to "I think I like it" and now I'm at "I could possibly order it at a restaurant like any normal person." Wow, the east coast has done wonders for me.

We put Jakob to bed at 8:00, watched Eagle Eye till 11:00, watched Times square celebrate until the New year, watched the ball drop at 12:00, and hit the sack by 12:07. What a low key night...just how I like it. (I'm actually surprised we lasted until that long)

No comments: