Friday, November 11, 2011

The ABC's of Fall: J is for....

Jakob

Jakob likes to remind me how big he is or how big he is going to be when he turns five...or six...etc.  He is really looking forward to "when I grow bigger I am going to go running just like daddy."  Or "when I grow bigger I am going to stay up and watch TV just like mommy and daddy."  He takes interest in what big people get to do.  I think that little bit of interest has helped him do things that he CAN do right now, like put on his own socks or wash his hands.  Some days he is a big boy and will do it all by himself, but there are still days that he asks for help.   




I really enjoy his creativity.  Here are some things he thinks about: 
-building castles in the dirt, using rocks and sitcks as stairs or a flag pole
-pretending his doggie is real, with feelings and opinions
-coloring with all different colors (and staying in the lines)
-drawing monsters in his "journal"
-riding his bike and pretending to be the mailman
-using the fallen tree branches as a train; the fallen leaves as a bathtub; and other branches as a seasaw
-making food out of the snow, branches, leaves, dirt  etc.  His favorite: making cookies!
 -when learning about the circle, Jakob visioned it as a spider web
-using daddy's tools to fix his bike
-putting pillows on his legs to keep warm
-mixing colors (he knows which colors to mix to make new colors)
-pretending to put out fires wearing his fireman hat and using the vacuum hose to extinguish the flames
-building roads and skyscrapers out of blocks


Click to play this Smilebox collage
Create your own collage - Powered by Smilebox
A photo collage by Smilebox


I just enrolled this 3-turning-4-year-old into a preschool for next year.  The kids are chosen by lottery so he may not get in, but I am hopeful because I think it will be perfect for him. 

No comments: