Ornaments
We started decorating for Christmas early this year. In fact, the day after Thanksgiving Jakob and I hauled out all the stuff and got to work. First, speaking of Thanksgiving, we had a fabulous holiday with a family from our ward. I am always grateful to spend the holidays with other people! The feast was absolutely delicious; I was able to try my hand at homemade stuffing, which was a success, and we enjoyed some healthy no-so-traditional food, like roasted potatoes and brussel sprouts. Yum!! Seriously, you can eat healthy over the holidays too! It was ultra refreshing.
Also Thanksgiving morning, Danny ran the (5 mile) Manchester Road Race in 29 minutes. Unfortunately I missed the whole thing because I was on cold-ornery-kid-duty, and fought equally with both of them before the race even started. I eventually had to strap Jakob into the stroller and stick him in the corner of an office for a major cool down. The looks from those passing by were priceless. I thought about walking a few feet away, as not to claim the screaming stroller, but I feared someone would call protective services on me so I bit my lip and tried to deal with the excruciating embarrassment. We did survive!
Now, on to the ORNAMENTS!
Jakob wanted every. single. ornament. on that lovely tree. I couldn't say no. Who doesn't love a tree full of ornaments? So Jakob and I got to work and two hours later the room was complete. Danny helped hang the stockings, but Jakob and I were in it for the long haul. He and I made a great team, both equally determined to finish before bedtime....which came and went, but we ended up finishing and that was most important to us.
The good news is that we have only managed to break two ornaments so far. Not bad for two toddlers.
Merry Christmas!
![]() |
| This free photo collage personalized with Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment