It's nice to have trusting friends who are willing to take care of my children. :)
I learned that valuable lesson after the first couple of years settling into New England. Danny and I were wanting to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary in New York City and a wonderful friend offered to take the kids for the weekend. I nearly cried with gratitude. It was the first time in a very long time that we were able to get away. (one of the sad realities of living away from family) That same friend also agreed to take the kids for the night while I celebrated my 30th birthday at a Winter Ball (also in NYC). I will be forever grateful for her kindness.
Ever since that particular friend's willingness to take the kids without a second thought, I decided that I should return the favor and make myself available for others who could benefit from the same kindness.
So....I offered to take the neighbor boy for 4 nights while his parents were accepting a new job over seas. It went surprisingly well! Jakob loved having an "older brother" to hang out with, Molly enjoyed sleeping in our room, and Sophia loved all the extra attention. I was happy that it wasn't a complete disaster and more importantly, that everyone survived being around each other.
Our busy weekend Highlights:
Bus/School schedules
morning and after school homework
before bed playtime
late night reading til 8:00
99 restaurant
free lego build and free popcorn at the toy store
watercolor painting and coloring
![]() |
| This photo slideshow generated with Smilebox |

No comments:
Post a Comment