Since the kids were old enough to hold a spoon they have always wanted to help me in the kitchen. It's great!! It's nice that this experience encourages the kids to read recipes, make measurements and create balanced meals (all good things to learn later on). I started making pizza last Sunday and then suddenly the kids took over. It was nice to sit back, give occasional tips/tricks/instructions, and let the kids do most of the work. Each child has a day of the week devoted to making dinner. A lot of the time it is plain ol' pasta, easy peasy. Sometimes they are adventurous, like Molly making enchiladas!!! She was so successful! Sophia just loves to help stir or throw in the ingredients as I go.
The kids also had some luck in their cereal this week! Double shredded wheat, humongus bran flake the size of Sophia's eyeball, and doubled rice squares. Oh yeah!
The kids have started piano again. I think I am willing to fight the fight (second round). I know how important it is to keep it going and not give up, since Danny and I both did when we were young, so we are back in the game! They're both getting the hang of it and I love watching them try to play with each other or listen to one play while the other one sings. It's all good practice for being a musician! Jakob just got a recorder from school and has to start practicing that as well!
![]() |
| Personalize a free photo collage |


No comments:
Post a Comment